4.11.11

truthfully.

I know I may not look like one, but I am a teenager. Odd way to start a post- I know. Anyways, coming to the point of this, while I was away in New York this past weekend sitting in front of these major designers, listening to their stories, their triumphs, and their falls- I heard something that really resonated with me. Oddly enough, it seems like I heard it in every seminar. Now, it might sound incredibly cliche, but here it is. They all said to me and the rest of the amazing girls and boys there- be yourself. They told us to have a specific point of view, to be true, to be original, and most importantly to stay that way. Its hard, as I'm sure everyone knows, to really and truly be yourself- its even harder in this modern day. Even when it comes to fashion and blogging- sometimes you're not different enough, not pretty enough-not enough.This past year of blogging- has shown me that this is no game and certainly no hobby- if you're taking it serious that is. Blogging is time-consuming, technical, and a true form of free journalism. Anyone can pick up a blog and just begin- but you have to be able to balance the content and make sure its original and true to your heart. I began blogging as a way to immerse myself in the online fashion community- I started blogging the minute I gave myself to this industry, so it is a true documentation of my learning's, my triumphs, as well as my falls. I know its only been a year, but this is how I see the world, this is how I pair knit socks with boots, this is my voice; Its different, sometimes a little cynically sarcastic, sometimes with a hint of a faux Brit accent, and yeah sometimes a little cliche- buts its all mine. So- if you've gotten through this paragraph- then alas I'm getting to the point. In an ode to originality I am completely revamping my blog. I don't really know in which direction I will be going, but you can bet your bows its going to be different. In the mean while, please enjoy some editorial obsessions of mine.




Here's why:  This shot says something to me, its either that or the electric blue stole that I'm in love with. The rigid almost plastic-like leather of her Vuitton coat next to her bouncy curls is a paradox I quite enjoy. Its the mixture of textures, the sharpness of the color, and the stillness of the shot that makes this one of my favorite shots. Lensed my Jason Mickel, starring Letiticia Lamb and published in Elle Mexico.


Here's why: I adore gold and doesn't her skin just seem to be oozing it? That and the bed head mess of her hair is enough to make me want to copy it and wear it about town. Now I'm not very partial to the skirt- quite frankly I love the way the camera picked up the color, but with such a close shot you can see the detail and its not very flattering. In fact, it looks like a yard of fabric you picked up at the store and ruined with a sewing machine. The stitching,the pleats- I could have done it myself and I don't know how to sew.  What I do love is how the skirt is paired with a pair of chartreuse trousers- originality and editorial magic. This is actually from Fashion Gone Rogue, lensed by Jesse Laitnen.


 Here's why: Okay so I love Lindsey Wixson, she's got a doll-face kind of look-
so yes I'm partial to her work. I just love this whole look though, the heavy knit with a geometric pattern, the military touch of her acket and the shiny smoothness of her bangles make a very nice combination. Add an amazing hat and a stellar job at hair and makeup and you've got the shot! This was lensed by Phil Poynter for W Korea and its magic!

So stay tuned for the upcoming changes to my blog!

owl kisses
-A

1 comment:

  1. :D <333<3
    I just started one but... theres not so much of the whole word thing goin on

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

owl kisses
-A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...