12.11.11

A few months ago, when I was still running the Blogger of the month editions for my blog, I interviewed my good friend, Jenae from Academy of Arts. Now that I'm revamping my blog, I wanted to bring my little interviews back! She has a unique style and runs a cool blog, which you can check out here.
1. What inspires you when you are piecing together an outfit?
Many things! Fashion spreads, bloggers, my favourite fashion icons, trends, movies; the works, basically. But I am usually heavily inspired by J. Crew catalogs. Jenna Lyons is my queen. She has a way of putting colours, prints, and textures together that I would never expect putting together and it looks soooooo good. Alexa Chung is also my style icon.

2. What piece from your closet is the one you most treasure? (shirt, blazer, shoes, etc.)
I love this black blazer I bought from this thrift store. It always looks so sharp and is a go to. Another one would be my Gap trench coat, it’s classic and I had to work really hard for it.  




3. How did you start your blog?
I started my blog about two years ago, being inspired by Tavi Gavinson. At the time I had a blog but it was more like a diary where you would post things when you felt like it, but I decided to turn it into a fashion blog. But my blog is not only a fashion blog but it’s about my life and what I wear and how all my events in life inspire me to where a certain thing. To me, everything reflects fashion and fashion reflects all.

4. Where would you like to be in 10 years?
Imagination time. Well, I’d like to be happily married with a cute house that is beautifully designed in maybe San Francisco (or who knows where I’ll be). Be able to travel the world while looking fabulous and have a job in fashion. Oui Oui?

5. Do you have a quirky talent or anything that is unique to you?
Not any that I think of, besides that I paint and draw. Also I have the same birthday as my mum which is also the same as Mary-Kate and Ashley’s which is June 13th.

6. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
I’ve thought about it actually and there is a range of places I would love to be. Work at J. Crew or Anthropologie, or a magazine. I’ve thought about being a costume designer for movies as well. I mainly just want to be a stylist but I would be happy working anywhere in fashion. I also have always loved interior design as well.


7. Imagine you have a limitless budget to buy one thing, what would you buy?
Oh man, it would hands down be one of Alexander McQueen’s dresses. Either the flowery dress from his S/S 2007 collection or the butterfly one from S/S 2011, or just any of his dresses! I think I always just love the innovativeness and dreaminess of his creations. Those kinds of dresses are my favourite.
Or a Monique Lhullier dress! So pretty!
But if we’re being real here, I’d buy Louboutins no doubt, or a Burberry trench coat.

8. What is your ultimate goal for your blog?
I’m not quite sure. I just want to be able to inspire more and more people with my blog. I would also hope to get more opportunities in the future with this blog including photo shoots, fashion week, behind the scenes, etc. 
9. What advice would you give to a beginner blogger?
Just really think what you would like in your blog and how it is a reflection of who you are. Pretty pictures are nice but people want to see you and hear your thoughts. Make your blog personable, it is a blog for heaven’s sake! Be creative!

10. Where do you shop?
Thrift stores are great! My local ones are good but the chain ones like Buffalo Exchange and Jeremy’s are amazing. Discount stores like Marshalls and Nordstrom Rack. Generic stores like Urban Outfitters, H&M, American Eagle, PacSun, and Kohl’s. I also love Aritizia, Shotwell, and J.Crew.



Stay tuned for new updates!

owl kisses
-A

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

owl kisses
-A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...