26.1.12

A red coat affair

So this post is going to seem like an infomercial....Just warning you...

I've been finding a sense of wonder and awe in the so-called "effortless style". But my effortless style just wouldn't be me without some type of intricate detail. This red over-sized blazer has been like a blessing from the 80's. Read on to see how to change up this look with just a few tweaks.




 This is my favorite way to do this look. Ballerina flats make any outfit feminine and comfortable. I snagged these brand new (literally had the tag on them) Kenneth Cole flats at a thrift store for something like $8 dollars. They are faux fur- my dream version of any flat!


 So basically this is about the easiest outfit to do. Three different looks with three essential items you should all have at home: black flats, black riding boots, and black heels. As for the blazer I also found at it the thrift store- believe me you can walk into any one near you and you will find tons of 80's blazers. My mom took out the shoulder pads and tailored it a little at the waist- but its just as easy to get them tailored at your local dry-cleaners.

I've been on the hunt for the perfect French sailoresque striped shirt for months! I actually found it yesterday at the Old Navy, for sale- oh yes $8! I'm wearing mine backwards, but its actually two-toned.

A friend told me sometime ago that I should do a shopping post because of all the amazing deals I find, I think I might just do this in the near future- so stay tuned!

owl kisses
-Angelic

 PS: Altogether this look cost about $50. And this is why I love shopping- I'm like a coupon addict just with clothes and accessories instead of toilet paper and canned goods!





Follow The Chic That Happened

4 comments:

  1. You look amazing & the red jacket looks amazing the deails on it makes it wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colour of you coat =)
    Neat post and love your blog... would you like to follow each other!

    @MyLyfeMyStory

    My Lyfe ; My Story


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

owl kisses
-A

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...